The Medford Police Department provides general fingerprinting services for residents of Medford only. Residents must provide positive picture identification along with proof of residency. Acceptable forms of identification include a Massachusetts Driver’s License, Massachusetts ID or Passport, along with an acceptable proof of residency. Students and active-duty military need a valid government identification and proof of local residency. This is a walk-in service and it does not apply to gun permits or FIDs.
The Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) will not accept fingerprints from applicants processed by the Medford Police Department. Fingerprinting for immigration or adoption purposes is not provided by the Medford Police Department.
- Must be a Medford resident
- Must provide valid photo ID (Driver’s License, State ID, Student ID, Passport)
- Must provide Proof of Residency (any mail or bill statement with name and address in
Fingerprinting Hours: (No appointment necessary)
- Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Fees: $5 per fingerprint card (Cash, Money Order, or Check only). Credit/Debit Cards
are not accepted.
- Questions? Call 781-219-5608
Immigration, Naturalization Service & Background Checks
The Medford Police Department is not certified to fingerprint for the Immigration and Naturalization Service, or for Background Checks.
For Immigration contact:
Department of Justice
John F. Kennedy Federal Building, Room E160
Boston, MA 02203
Phone: (800) 375-5283
(There are no walk-in hours.)
For Background Checks contact:
Criminal History Systems Board
200 Arlington Street
Chelsea, MA 02150
Phone: (617) 660-4600