The City of Medford is declaring a snow emergency to go into effect at 10 p.m. on Wednesday night.
Parking enforcement will begin by midnight tonight. On secondary roads, parking is allowed on the EVEN side of the street only. Cars parked on the odd side of the street during snow emergencies will be ticketed and towed. On main arteries, there is NO PARKING allowed on either side of the street. There is signage posted on these main arteries, and a full list of streets is below and at www.medfordma.org/snow. If you live on a main artery, you are allowed to park on a secondary road, even if it is permit parking as these restrictions are temporarily lifted during a snow emergency. Once the snow emergency is lifted, parking enforcement will resume as usual.
It is essential, especially during snow storms with higher accumulations, that plows can clear snow and ice and maintain safe passage for emergency vehicles.
With blizzard conditions expected tomorrow, please plan ahead, do not plan to travel during the day tomorrow, and make sure you have items on hand in the event of a power outage, such as batteries and candles.
You can see more information at [www.medfordma.org/snow]www.medfordma.org/snow.
- During snow emergencies, parking is only allowed on the even side of the street. This is to allow plows to access the street. Cars parked on the odd side will be ticketed and towed during snow emergencies.
- On main arterial streets (see list below), there is NO PARKING ANYTIME during a snow emergency. Signs are posted on those streets. Cars parked on main arterials during snow emergencies will be ticketed and towed. During snow emergencies, residents of main arteries can park on secondary roads, even if they are permit only, as the resident parking regulations are temporarily lifted during emergencies. Main arteries are:
- Boston Ave
- Central Ave
- College Ave (George St to Boston Ave)
- Forest St
- Fulton St
- George St
- Governors Ave
- Grove St
- Hancock St
- Harvard Ave
- Harvard St
- High St
- Lawrence Rd
- Main St
- Medford St
- Mystic Ave (Main St to Crescent St)
- Playstead Rd
- Riverside Ave
- Salem St
- Spring St
- Washington St
- Webster St
- Willis Ave
- Winthrop St
- Woburn St
• If you receive a parking ticket, contact Park Medford at www.parkmedford.org.
- Per City Ordinance, property owners must shovel their sidewalks within 6 daylight hours of the end of a snowstorm. Failure to do so may result in fines.
- Make sure to clear openings at corners, crosswalks, curb cuts and fire hydrants so pedestrians and emergency personnel can access areas efficiently.
- DO NOT shovel snow or ice into the street.
- If you need assistance with shoveling, the City publishes a list of available shovelers at www.medfordma.org/snow, or by calling the Medford Council on Aging at 781-396-6010.
- The Superintendent of Schools will send direct notifications to parents and guardians regarding the schools’ plans for closure or remote learning.
- Travel is strongly discouraged during a snow emergency. Plan ahead for the storm, and stock up on non-perishable goods. If you, or someone you know is in need of food during the storm/COVID-19 crisis, please visit www.medfordma.org/food-resources-in-medford/.